How can I view the template module positions
- Category: Template FAQs For Joomla 3
- Published: Tuesday, 25 March 2014 14:56
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 453
All the templates we have developed at the website include support for a number of collapsible module positions which allows you to publish, position and display content at your website within the module positions.
Module usage examples
You can use the module positions included in the template for the following.
- Built in default modules which comes supplied with Joomla including menus, latest news, user log in, search, RSS Feeds, news flash and much more
- Third party extensions may come with modules which can be published to the module positions
- You can create custom HTML modules which allows you to add text or images inside the custom module positions you publish at the website
- A number of the designs we have at the site come with a built-in slideshow and the slideshow makes use of the custom HTML module positions so you can assign the slideshow module positions you have created to specific menus at your website.
How do I view the template module positions
- The template installation guide includes a screen shot of the module position layout plus notes about each module
- You can view the template module position diagram by visiting the template information page
- You can enable the Preview Module Positions settings via the Joomla administrator area
How do I enable the preview module positions
- Select the Extensions menu and Template Manager menu
2. Select the Options button located in the top right of the administrator area
3. Select the Enabled radio button next to preview module positions
4. Select the Save Button to save the changes
How Do I Preview The Module Positions
- Open your web browser and enter your website address followed by a forward slash / and after the / enter index.php?tp=1
- Example would look like this http://www.mywebsiteaddress.com/index.php?tp=1
- You will now see an outline of the module positions the template supports
After you have previewed the module positions and taken a screen shot of them it is recommended that you disable the module positions preview option at your website.