How to add a Custom CSS code to the template
Joomla and VirtueMart developers releases a number of an updates for Joomla and for VirtueMart.
This requires us to make updates to our templates so, they are 100% compatible with latest stable version of VirtueMart and Joomla.
Our templates provides a number of features which allows you to fit the template to your needs. We are sure that there are some changes which you would like to do to the template CSS files.
These changes may be lost if you will install latest update of the template.
To avoid above problem you can use a seperate CSS file to make your CSS customization and include it in the template. Simply do following:
- On your local PC create new CSS file and paste to it all your CSS code.
- Save the file as custom.css and upload it to your server to JOOMLA_ROOT/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/css
- Download JOOMLA_ROOT/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/index.php file from your server
- Using any code editor (for example: Notepad++) open downloaded index.php file and search for </head> tag
- Now, above
</head>tag paste this code:
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template; ?>/css/custom.css' />
- Save index.php file and upload it back to your server to JOOMLA_ROOT/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/