Template Quick Start Package for Joomla 4
How do I install the template quick start package
- Category: Template Quick Start Package for Joomla 4
- Published: Tuesday, 25 March 2014 14:46
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 551
The following will guide you through installing the template quick start for Joomla 4 which comes supplied with the template you have downloaded at the website.
What is a template quick start
A template quick start allows you to create an exact copy of the template you can see at the template demo site.
You don't need to worry about doing a new installation of Joomla or virtuemart or setting up the template because the quick start file does everything for you in a few simple steps outlined in this document.
What is included in the quick start
- A default installation of the latest version of Joomla 4
- A default installation of the latest version of Virtuemart for Joomla 4
- The Virtuemart template you have purchased at the website is setup and ready to go
- All the demo content including menus, modules, content, images is setup for you
Why should you use the quick start
- Easy to install and use
- It will save you a lot of time
- Comes with everything you need to quickly setup the site so you have an exact copy of the demo template.
How do I setup the template quick start
The following instructions will guide you through installing and setting up the quick start at your website.
Step 1: Create a MYSQL database
The first step is to log into your web hosting control panel and create a MYSQL database which will be used to store all the MYSQL data for your Joomla website.
1. Log into your web hosting control panel and select the MYSQL Databases icon
2. Enter the MYSQL database name for the web site and select the Create database button
3. Create a new MYSQL user name and password which will be assigned to the new MYSQL database you have
4. Add the MYSQL user you have created to the MYSQL database
5. Give the user ALL privileges to the MYSQL database you have created
Step 2: Upload the .jpa backup file to the public_html directory
Once you have created the new MYSQL database and user name you need to upload the .jpa file included in the quick start files directory included inside the template zip file you have downloaded at the website.
You have to extract the quickstart folder to be able to get the .jpa file. You need to locate the .jpa file for you to be able to upload it to the web hosting space. You have to make sure the it is a .jpa file that you are using because JPA tools are very effective.
To upload the .JPA file to your web hosting space complete the following
- Open the FTP software you have installed on your computer
- Select the JPA file included in the quick start files directory
- Using the FTP software you have installed on your computer upload the JPA file to the public_html directory
Step 3: Upload all the kick start files to the public_html directory
After you have uploaded the jpa file to the public_html directory you now need to upload ALL the kick start files located in the /quickstart files/kickstart/ directory included inside the template zip file to the public_html directory
IMPORTANT: all the files show in the screen shot need to be uploaded to the same place you uploaded the JPA file to.
Step 4: Install the quick start
- Open your browser and enter your website domain plus a forward slash / after the domain name followed by the name kickstart.php
- Example will look like this http://www.yourwebsitedomain.com/kickstart.php
- After you have entered your domain name followed by kickstart.php you will now see the following screen
- Select the GREEN START BUTTON
All the Joomla and Virtuemart files included in the JPA file will now be extracted to the public_html directory
Select the GREEN RUN THE INSTALLER BUTTON
The following screen will now appear which will allow you to review all the settings on your server.
Select the BLUE NEXT BUTTON
The following screen will now appear where you can enter the MYSQL database information
- For the database type select MYSQL or MYSQLi
- Enter Localhost in the database server host name
- Enter the MYSQL name, MYSQL user name and MYSQL password you created in the steps noted above
- select the BLUE NEXT BUTTON
The data will now be written to the MYSQL database you setup for the website
You will now see the following screen where you can enter the information about the website.
Once you have entered the information about your Joomla web site select the BLUE NEXT BUTTON
You have now completed the installation of the quick start file.
You now need to remove the installation files.
Click on the Clean Up
To view the web site select the GREEN VIEW YOUR SITE FRONT END BUTTON