To help us give you the best possible support please complete the following before opening a support ticket.
- Please read the template installation guide which comes supplied with the template
- Please make sure you are running the latest version of both Joomla 3.10 and Virtuemart 3.0.x
- Please contact your hosting company and make sure they are running the latest version of PHP.
- Install the template quick start package first on your computer using XAMPP or in a sub directory on your website. The quick start package includes all the settings for the template plus it includes all the settings for both Joomla and virtuemart we have used to setup the template at our template demo site. The quick start package will provide you with all the information you need to help you setup the template at your site.
- If you find a bug in the template you have installed at your website please visit the http://demo.virtuemarttemplates.net website first which is running the latest version of the template. If the bug does not appear in the template demo but appears in the template you have installed you may be running an outdated version of the template. Please visit the template download area and download, install the most up to date version of the template at your website. If the bug still appears after installing the updated version of the template please open a support ticket and we will be happy to help you.
- If you have installed 3rd party Joomla extensions, modules or plug-ins at your website please try disabling them one by one to see if the bug still appears in the template. If after disabling the 3rd party Joomla extensions, modules or plug-ins and the bug still appears please open a support ticket.
- If you have made changes to the original template you have downloaded at the website and a bug appears in the template please download and re-install the original template at your website.
- Please note the template only controls the look and feel of the website. The template does not control the functionality of the website including the Virtuemart settings or Joomla settings. If a specific setting or feature is not working for Joomla or Virtuemart please visit the http://forum.virtuemart.com or http://forum.joomla.org site first to see if anyone else has reported the problem and found a solution to fix the problem.
What information do I need to include in the support ticket
- Please let us know the Joomla and Virtuemart version you have installed at your website.
- Please let us know if you have installed the latest version of the template at your website.
- If you have installed any 3rd party Joomla extensions, modules or plug-ins please let us know about them.
- If an error appears in the template please provide us with the exact error message and the location where the error appears at your site.
- If a specific feature is not working in the template please provide us with as much information as possible so we can try to replicate the problem you are getting. Also please provide us with the exact location where the problem occurs.
- Please provide us with a temporary Joomla super administrator account for your site. This will allow us to quickly log into your site and investigate, fix the problem for you. Once the problem is fixed you can easily deleted the temporary Joomla super administrator account.